I spent the day working around the yard and got a nice picking from the garden. The tomato plants are so loaded with fruit they have collapsed all of the wimpy cages cages I used when the plants were small. I used wooden stakes to support the cages and most of those have since snapped. I had some extra steel fence stakes around and used them. They seem to be holding. It is definitely worth investing in the materials to make large, sturdy tomato cages.
Friday, August 6, 2010
Beautiful Weekend
Mrs took a short-notice trip to Florida to visit with her mother, sister, niece and nephew at Ma's new place. So it's me and the critters for the weekend.
I spent the day working around the yard and got a nice picking from the garden. The tomato plants are so loaded with fruit they have collapsed all of the wimpy cages cages I used when the plants were small. I used wooden stakes to support the cages and most of those have since snapped. I had some extra steel fence stakes around and used them. They seem to be holding. It is definitely worth investing in the materials to make large, sturdy tomato cages.

This little beast has been living in the tomato and perennial gardens for a while now. It's still small but we've been enjoying it's company since it was a wee little thing.
I spent the day working around the yard and got a nice picking from the garden. The tomato plants are so loaded with fruit they have collapsed all of the wimpy cages cages I used when the plants were small. I used wooden stakes to support the cages and most of those have since snapped. I had some extra steel fence stakes around and used them. They seem to be holding. It is definitely worth investing in the materials to make large, sturdy tomato cages.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Your veggies look delicious!
I love the photo on your header. And how I would love to taste one of those lucious looking tomatoes. As you know, ours are tasteless here.
Hello from Holland. I definitely agree with your tomato cage advise. We have had a lot of tomatos all summer, but also lost a lot from the collapsing plants.
Thanks Betty!
Hi Darlene. Thanks. Mrs took that of me on our little beach excursion.
BRIAN! Holland? Nice! I was picking tomatoes (cherry) by the fists full today. And larger tomatoes.... We have pounds of them. Not sure what to do with them.
Falmouth Road Race tomorrow....
Post a Comment