Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Tupper Lake, NY - The Wild Center

While in New York, I was hoping to squeeze in another trip to The Wild Center, so we took Sunday to do that. Our host had other commitments that day so it worked out nicely, though it would have been nice to have her with us.

I really was feeling the need to see the otters again and it was a treat to watch them.

The Wild Center logo.






Main entrance.

The Great Hall.

Stickly the porcupine eating corn on the cob during the talk about porcupines in the Adirondacks.


Store and gift shop.


Boardwalk between two access points to the Raquette River.

Raquette River viewing platform.

Raquette River.One of many Adirondack peaks taunting me. I must - MUST - get back into the peaks again.

1 comment:

Arkansas Patti said...

Loved the otter video. I always said if I had to come back as an animal, I would choose either otter or dolphin. A water creature that loves to play. What could be better?
What a neat place that is .