Tuesday June 15, 2010
One of the main reasons we came back to Vermont for this time period was so that I could hide in the woods for my birthday. This would be my 4oth so I definitely wanted to be nowhere near home. It was perfect. Uneventful. Just me, Mrs and Vermont.
We had a visitor in the lean to overnight. Mrs awoke to the sound of 'something' in the trash. We had loosely planned to put the barbage bag in the 4 Runner for the night because of the packaging that contained the chicken we had for supper. We forgot, and sure enough 'something' had arrived to check it out.
I cautiously opened the door of the camper and pointed the flashlight towards the bag which was hanging inside the lean to. Seeing no bear, I got out and took a closer look. I found the trash bag still hanging, but shredded and some of the contents littering the top of the cooler and floor of the lean to. There were several raccoon tracks on the floor as well. Mrs got up to help me place the destroyed bag inside a new one and this time we stored it inside the car.
Back to bed.
Our plan for the day was to go to Townshend State Park and hike up Bald Mountain, a year to the day since we last hiked it.
On to the hike.
The trail begins in the campground between two sites in the lower section of campsites. and crosses a bridge over a stream coming down from the mountain.
Some sights on the trail and at the top.
We had a bite to eat and enjoyed a rest on the rocks warmed by the sun, then decided to head back.
No comments:
Post a Comment