Monday, June 21, 2010

Gone Clammin'

I have been on vacation from my primary job since June 10th. I have done a day or two here and there at the kennel, but mostly we were in Vermont and then enjoying the Cape.

I owe you all the remainder of our days in Arizona from last month and the Vermont trip, though the latter need not be so long and drawn out as we did the same trip in the same week in 2009. Part of the problem is the new camera. We take SO many digital images that it takes time to sort through them, edit them and decide what to post on the blog. Another issue is that I have no real, comfortable place to sit and write. Most of the time I am using a small netbook which is great, but small and difficult to type on. In fact, I didn't know that my new blog template has hummingbirds along the border until I saw it on my old PC, which is even less comfortable to use being stuffed into an old armoire.

So, I will hold off on the rest of Arizona and Vermont for tonight, but will be working on it.

Current news is that Mrs and I went clamming for the first time on our first ever shellfishing license. We went to a location in town and were able to clam (I guess it's a verb) right off a family friend's property. He was kind enough to loan us a rake so that we each had one.


Mrs heading out with her basket in tow and in search of quahogs (also spelled quahaug).

It didn't take long at all to nearly fill our basket. We took a number of rather large quahogs

Raking the bottom for the clams.

Plenty for us. I shucked all of the really large ones and Mrs made a batch of clam chowder which we had for supper.

No comments: