Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend

The amazing weather continues here in the northeast. It seems more like 4th of July rather than Memorial Day. I have yet to attempt to blog our Arizona trip, so my plan is to pop one in now and then. Cool? I've also been having issues with Blogger and Firefox not allowing photos to be uploaded and editing has been a pain in the butt. Still working that out, but I have to use IE to upload images, and I cannot delete lines unless I switch to 'edit Html'.

Moving on....

Mrs & I did a lot of work around the place over the long weekend. I worked Friday & Saturday nights as well as Sunday at the kennel. There, I mainly cut grass in one of the play yards after hammering out a punch list of 'to do' items. With no office hours on this particular Sunday, we left a tad early.

Mrs had been plant shopping, so after work we put in a few more shrubs. Once that was done, I got cleaned up while she prepared the food for our little cookout. Veggies on the grill as well as shrimp and scallops on skewers, also on the grill. I was determined to have our first fire of the season, so I got a rip-roaring fire going in the pit. What a perfect night. Whip-poor-will calling nearby, great food, fire and a few tasty beers from Long Trail Brewing.


On Monday, we bought tomato and pepper plants from a local farm and garden center and spent the majority of the day in the garden. I didn't think to take photos until almost dark.



We have run out of room in the raised beds, so we put extra plants, transplanted herbs and planted new herbs in pots. We are now in need of mulch for the perennial beds and I have to mulch in the raised beds as well.

Last week I opened up the camper, finally. What a relief to find no mice! Can't wait to get on the road with it.

2 comments:

Brian said...

Very nice, Barry. I've enjoyed garden-grown lettuce and carrots thus far from the High Mowing seeds I planted earlier in the spring. Transplanted some of the pepper plants I started in the house this weekend, too. Nice picture of the rooster.

Barry said...

Thanks, Brian. All of our greens bolted while we were in AZ, so I had to pull them and give them to the chickens. It's ridiculously warm and dry up here, but finally getting some rain. It's great you're using High Mowing. I am hoping to visit their place in Vermont sometime.