Imagine this off of a more remote coastline where there are no resources to speak of on shore to get out there and get to work on it.
I wonder what damage we are not hearing about going on in the Amazon by gas and oil prospectors. The impression I get is it's a real life Avatar movie down there, without the military intervention I hope.
Drill baby Drill... I told my wife this was the worst thing to happen right now because all the liberals who want to ride bikes everywhere and eat tofu would jump on this and say this is the very reason not to drill for oil. I was right. As my son stands guard in Afghanistan to protect your right to vote for Obama, I hope you think for one second maybe how much having our own energy vs. buying it from the mideast, would mean to Americans who have sons and daughters fighting to keep you safe. I know you don't care, but I had to say something. We'll protect you anyway.
Mack - Welcome and thanks for stopping in. I am certainly not against drilling. To think we don't need to obtain oil would be foolish. If nothing else I hope technology is forced to continue to improve (and greatly so after this incident) so we can avoid any future disasters or limit their scale. This will be a doozie.
I appreciate your son's service and thank him for it. I know a few folks who have gone over come back and gone over again.
My Dad was a WWII vet and served a number of years overseas until he was wounded again and returned home to become a minister.
My folks were conservative (in fact most of my family is), but I am fairly certain they would be concerned about the direction of their party were they alive to see it.
Enjoy the spring. It must be getting very warm down there.
By the way, I despise tofu. Give me a side of beef any day.
5 comments:
Really just makes you sick doesn't it? Besides the ecconomics, I bleed for the wildlife affected. Hope the "drill baby drill" people wake up.
Imagine this off of a more remote coastline where there are no resources to speak of on shore to get out there and get to work on it.
I wonder what damage we are not hearing about going on in the Amazon by gas and oil prospectors. The impression I get is it's a real life Avatar movie down there, without the military intervention I hope.
When will man wake up and stop spoiling our environment with our wasteful greedy demand for energy?
This is really sickening. I love your title, "Spill Baby Spill". That says it all.
Drill baby Drill... I told my wife this was the worst thing to happen right now because all the liberals who want to ride bikes everywhere and eat tofu would jump on this and say this is the very reason not to drill for oil. I was right. As my son stands guard in Afghanistan to protect your right to vote for Obama, I hope you think for one second maybe how much having our own energy vs. buying it from the mideast, would mean to Americans who have sons and daughters fighting to keep you safe. I know you don't care, but I had to say something. We'll protect you anyway.
Mack - Welcome and thanks for stopping in. I am certainly not against drilling. To think we don't need to obtain oil would be foolish. If nothing else I hope technology is forced to continue to improve (and greatly so after this incident) so we can avoid any future disasters or limit their scale. This will be a doozie.
I appreciate your son's service and thank him for it. I know a few folks who have gone over come back and gone over again.
My Dad was a WWII vet and served a number of years overseas until he was wounded again and returned home to become a minister.
My folks were conservative (in fact most of my family is), but I am fairly certain they would be concerned about the direction of their party were they alive to see it.
Enjoy the spring. It must be getting very warm down there.
By the way, I despise tofu. Give me a side of beef any day.
Thanks again.
Post a Comment