Thursday, April 15, 2010
Mr. Observant.... NOT!
I am in the barn several times a day. At least 4 if not many times more than that. Here is a sign that I am moving WAY to fast these days....
This is the nest of a Carolina wren that was constructed on a shelf next to the main barn door and on top of which I set any number of things: my coffee cup, Guapo's canister of treats, gloves, etc. The nest is made mostly from dried leaves, pine needles, plant stems and an assortment of hair from Guapo's tail. The base is a made comfortable by a stack of rags hung over the shelf. In my defense the nest blends in extremely well and is about at waist level.
It was not until I bent over to pick up something I dropped very near the nest that the bird flew out noisily and revealed her secret. 6 eggs so far and I'll be monitoring her progress if she decides to stay.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Wow, that is a pile of eggs. She will have a bunch of mouths to feed. Looks like a nice safe place.
I love that she hid in plain site! She must instinctivly trust your presence!
I hope a predator doesn't find the nest. It seems to be too low to be safe.
That is so cool, please post updates. : )
Post a Comment