Sunday, March 14, 2010

Another Blow

In the midst of another multiple day storm here in the northeast. Rain on and off on Saturday and then the winds really kicked up as squalls came in from the south. I took a walk with the dogs on the back acre and onto adjacent conservation land and found several pines broken off about mid-way up and tossed some distance away. Our stockade fence leaned heavily but is easily repaired. No posts have broken. The newest section is still tied off to a tree keeping it upright.

The storm is going to continue through early Tuesday with more heavy rain and strong winds to come. Maybe even some snow at the end.

The early greens seeds I planted in the makeshift cold frame have sprouted! Hoping they continue to develop.

3 comments:

Fooseberry said...

Love the new heading photo!
I am a bit tired of the weather only because I have been out in it. Tomorrow is definitely a Pajama Mama kind of day.

Arkansas Patti said...

Really a mess huh. Sure hope you all don't have any bad damage and keep your power.
Hunker down.

Darlene said...

Hang in there; Spring is on the way.

I love your dog photo. He/she looks so contented.