Sunday, February 7, 2010

Tagged!





I have to admit, I was unfamiliar with tagging thing in the blog world. My dear blogging friend, Arkansas Patti at The New Sixty tagged me, among others, on her blog. Thanks, Patti! And thanks for referring to me as young. Sometimes I forget. ;)

I don't recall exactly how I came upon Patti, or maybe she found me, but either way I am glad. She seems very much like my kind of people. I enjoy her blog immensely. She tells a great story and has a lot of them.

Here is what is required of me (copied & pasted from Patti):

1.I must thank the person who gave me the award and list their blog and link it
2.I must list 10 honest things about myself
3.I must put a copy of Honest Scrap logo on my blog
4.I must select at least 7 or 8 other worthy bloggers and list their links
5.I must notify the bloggers of the award and hopefully they will follow the above three requirements also.


10 Honest Things:

Hmmmmmm....

1. I hate the word hate.

2. I am flabbergasted and saddened by the amount of bigotry and hatred still running rampant in this country. It's so true that people fear what they don't (or won't try to) understand (or what weak-minded people hear from the Palins, Becks & Limbaughs of the country).

3. I think there should be a significant tax on high-fructose corn syrup and anything made with it. A significant reduction of the government subsidies for corn and soy, and require health warnings similar to those on cigarettes on anything claiming to be 'food', but is really a bunch of chemicals and highly processed ingredients.

4. I would rather be camping.

5. I would rather be birding.

6. I would rather be hiking.

7. I would like to try my hand at writing.

8. I would like to try my hand at learning to play guitar.

9. If I did not have to work, I would love to expand on gardening and raising my own food.

10. I have a strong desire to take a long cross-country road trip.


Bloggers:

1. Fooseberry Pie - She is a co-worker turned good friend and we often lend an ear to one another. Her blog highlights her family trips, and the challenges of a weight loss surgery patient.

2. A Dog, A Stroller and a Runner - Brian posts about his running, family and locavore experiences. I am hopeful that his posts will continue soon, perhaps with a peek at the recent blizzard.

3. Darlene's Hodgepodge - one of my absolute favorite blogs... Darlene's blog has a lot about what I consider common sense politics (unlike the diarrhea that I heard out of Palin's mouth last night). And she lives in one of my favorite places, Tucson, AZ.

4. Hatchville Pottery - Hollis is a neighbor and great potter. We have several pieces of his work. For great information on pottery and a glimpse or two at life on Cape Cod, pay Hollis a visit.

5. Squash Blossom Farm - Not enough wonderful things can be said about this blog. These folks took their dream by the horns and went full force into it. I am in awe of their hard work and dedication to the farm. Truly fantastic.

6. Dreams and Bones - Leslie posts wonderful things about her experiences, weather, recipes, life in the east and there is a link to her other blog while she is away from home. Good stuff and I enjoy dropping in to see what's what.

7. Carole's Thoughtful Spot - From Carole's blog : "I'm a geocaching, scrapbooking, Adirondack loving, Hudson-Valley-NY living, GSPN-listening, cat loving, married Mom of one daughter blogging fool.I'm a geocaching, scrapbooking, Adirondack loving, Hudson-Valley-NY living, GSPN-listening, cat loving, married Mom of one daughter blogging fool."

This is a great blog and I can't go wrong reading about a person who loves the Adirondacks. Add geocaching and you have perfection. :)

8. Along the Ausable - A wonderful blog about life in The Adirondacks along the Ausable River. I like that it is so site specific.


Now, I need to get on the stick and notify the above bloggers.

5 comments:

Darlene said...

I ama truly overwhelmed to receive this surprising award. Thank you so very much for tagging me with the award and for the accompanying kind words.

I will be honored to post the award and the rules on my blog.

Arkansas Patti said...

Great job Barry and I could relate to all 10.
We have an almost 40 year age difference but think alike.
Thanks for the kind words youngster.

Darlene said...

I have just posted the badge on my blog. Thank you again.

Barry, I notice that your photo was taken in the desert. It looks like the area south of Tucson near Tumacacori. Am I right?

Unknown said...

Barry, thanks so much for the tag and the nice words - I'm going to post my 10 Honest Things today, as soon as I can think of them! :-P Thanks again! :-D

Barry said...

Darlene - We were in Saguaro National Park East when this was taken. We stay over near Agua Caliente Park.