For a long time I resisted buying a Food Saver but I use it more than I ever imagined. I find the adapters that seal mason jars a great way to store beans, rice and such. I look forward to following your blog through the growing season. Cheers. http://ontwoacresintown.blogspot.com/2008/09/fagiolini.html
Marcy - Welcome! I am going into the coming year with trepidation. Last year I had a time management issue that cost me in the productivity department in the garden.
As for the FoodSaver.... I think it's great. The bags are a bit pricey, but after years of badly freezer burned produce in plain freezer bags, it's a welcome change. I am researching options on eBay.
I look forward to adding your blog to my list and exploring it myself. New York, particularly the upstate, is one of my favorite places on Earth.
My plan is to continue with the blog as is, if you can bear with the occasional frustrated rants.
5 comments:
Yummy. Ever fry them?? I know that kicks healthy in the behind but wow are they good in a light batter.
Enjoy those lovelies however you cook them.
My Mom used to do tempura veggies when I was a kid. We have not though. Sounds scrumptious!
I'll have to look into a gluten free batter.
For a long time I resisted buying a Food Saver but I use it more than I ever imagined. I find the adapters that seal mason jars a great way to store beans, rice and such. I look forward to following your blog through the growing season. Cheers.
http://ontwoacresintown.blogspot.com/2008/09/fagiolini.html
Marcy - Welcome! I am going into the coming year with trepidation. Last year I had a time management issue that cost me in the productivity department in the garden.
As for the FoodSaver.... I think it's great. The bags are a bit pricey, but after years of badly freezer burned produce in plain freezer bags, it's a welcome change. I am researching options on eBay.
I look forward to adding your blog to my list and exploring it myself. New York, particularly the upstate, is one of my favorite places on Earth.
My plan is to continue with the blog as is, if you can bear with the occasional frustrated rants.
Post a Comment