Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Road To Recovery

Logan is doing very well after his surgery, and, so far, he has been leaving his staples alone. He has three areas on his abdomen and lower chest with staples, so we put an old t-shirt on him to reduce temptation to lick and chew them. It works quite well. Okay, okay. I do tease him a bit and call it his "dress". I think it's a better option than an Elizabethan collar

When he goes out to relieve himself, I simply roll a majority of the shirt up towards his shoulders to keep him from peeing on it.



He is a very tolerant dog. This evening we removed the shirt to give him a break from the constraints. He does occasionally try to scratch, lick, or chew at them but a quick "no" stops him.

Another week or so and the staples will be out.

No comments: