Saturday, December 12, 2009

Hatchville Pottery

Mrs & I took a ride over to Hatchville Pottery this afternoon to get a little local Christmas shopping done. Hollis Engley is the potter. We have purchased some of his work in the past including one of my favorite mugs. Please take some time to explore The Hatchville Pottery blog and website and if you are in the area stop in and take a look. Please support your local artists. I don't know enough about pottery (other than to know I really like it) to try and write something eloquent and exciting about the subject, but there is plenty of information at the sites referenced above. Better to leave it to the expert.

The Hatchville Pottery Gallery




All images taken inside the gallery. It's bigger than it looks and has lots of great looking and useful pots. We did purchase a few things and I treated myself to one that will become my most excellent Hatchville Pottery pot for enjoying beer.

You can also find Hatchville Pottery pieces for sale at Coffee Obsession in Falmouth and Woods Hole.

1 comment:

Arkansas Patti said...

What a really cool potting shed and some beautiful stuff. Potters are some of the last "originals." No cookie cutter products there.
Always thought I would love to try it but am sure I am just hooked on the romantic version from the movie "Ghost".