After a little bit (and I mean
very little) of Christmas stuff wrapping, I decided to fiddle with the broken snow blower. I guess the appropriate name for this machine would be snow thrower since it really does not blow. What does blow is having it inoperable. I took some of the housing apart in the area where I believed the problem to be and found a big mouse nest and two large washers. After cleaning it out and propping the machine up on two large, heavy duty buckets (it is safer than it sounds) and found the gear linkage had come apart. I fiddle with it for a little, but it was a bit cold so I left it for another time.
My dilemma today was not being able to empty the manure out of the wheelbarrow which was overflowing. So, without the blower in working order, I went to work on clearing a path. 160 or so feet long. I was able to do it and a side path to the tool shed in about 35 minutes and happily emptied the wheelbarrow on the

It actually went quite well and was rather peaceful. Since I have had no workouts or run since, well I don't want to admit how long it has been, these shoveling sessions have been a good substitute. At least that's what I am telling myself....

It was pretty chilly this morning.

Logan and Sprout spend a lot of time in front of this stove....
1 comment:
Merry Christmas Barry!
Post a Comment