Unfortunately there is no photography allowed in the exhibition. There are so many things I would have loved to photograph, but I certainly understand why they do not want it done.
When the time arrived we made our way up the stairs to the main entrance of the exhibition and were brought to an area adjacent to a set of doors where a young lady presided over a short house sorting session for the kids. We were then ushered into a three-sided room with the remaining side being nothing more than a large, black curtain. There was a short presentation on many video monitors and when the curtain opens and you're standing in front of a huge model of The Hogwarts Express locomotive complete with steam. This moment was actually rather dramatic, especially for HP fans like us. The music, lighting and other effects made both of us lose our breath momentarily.
It was really something to see the costumes and props. The wands were amazing. Lord Voldermort's was quite thrilling to see. I enjoyed seeing everything and there were many highlights including one of Snape's outfits, the desk and other items belonging to Delores Umbridge (I can't stand her!), Harry & Ron's beds, and on and on. Once through the entire exhibit, they plop you into the money making room where they have loads of stuff for sale. A definite must see if you're a Potter fan.
We walked around the museum a bit more. There is a lot to see and we had to get home for the dogs and other critter so we didn't stay too long.
I'll leave you with a few images from the museum.
3 comments:
Unfortunately I have not read 1 of these books. I have seen a movie or two but I do love the Museum of Science. I can't wait until the girls are old enough to appreciate it. We are thinking about heading to the Boston Children's Museum on Thursday.
Got to love the scarf on the Dino.
How fun! I love Harry Potter! It is cool you two enjoy going places and one another’s company. Happy New Year to you both!
Pretty sure I am the only living creature who has not seen the movie nor read the books. Pretty sure it is my loss. Great looking displays.
Totally LOVED your post on the blizzard, both the wonders and the pains of.
I could easily remember the quiet of the woods. Great post Barry.
Christmas with the canines was so neat. Just like siblings huh.
One of my nieces that I visited in Florida has two greyhounds. One will bite your butt in a heartbeat and has to be muzzled. You can hear her behind you with her teeth snapping at your behind inside the muzzle. Only agressive greyhound I have ever seen.
Have a great New Year Barry and Mrs. Barry.
Post a Comment