It was also my first full day off from either work since then. My crazy stretch of work stopped just in time, I think.
I was able to get in a nice 5k run this morning. The Mashpee Firefighters 5k is one week away and I wanted to get in at least three training runs before then. Today was rough, but I felt better towards the end of the run. I was a solid minute off my time, but I expected as much. It was good to get out again. It was overcast, humid and warmer than it has been. We still have plenty of leaves on most of the trees. Peak or just past peak color.
We were expecting the side of beef delivery from Vermont Natural Beef today.
Mr. Stannard and his wife arrived at FBF at about 4pm in a moderate rain. We unloaded 300 pounds of beef packed in 4 boxes into our garden cart and brought it to the freezer.
7 comments:
Nice meat!!
I need a freezer like that. Looks like there will be many more meals we are all envious of.
See you in a few.
300 lbs? Wow is that a lot? And is it all hamburger? Or steaks and tips and other cuts? Wow, beef stew in the crockpot with your potatoes, carrots, onions, yummmmy
Delivered directly from the farm to your house - that's service! And with a year supply of lean beef to fuel your running, you'll be all set and ready for next weekend's race.
elvoy - we introduced some friends to this last year so there are deliveries to them as well as a number of others in the area.
About 80 pounds is ground the rest is various cuts including some wonderful looking roasts and plenty of steak and loads of stew beef. All vacuum packed. We've got a few left from last year and they taste just as fresh.
It's one of the smaller sides.
You can also get the heart and tongue and liver if you want.
Good stuff.
Bet you felt like a bird out of a cage on your run. Glad you are back to a puny 40 hour work week. Should be really easy to do after the 80 hour one.
I would do that also with the beef(though we don't have neat curb service like you do) except we usually have about a week without power each year.
Enjoy.
That looks great!!!
Is there anything more comforting with winter coming, than a stocked freezer? That is a very happy thought - many great meals to look forward to! :-)
Post a Comment