Mrs requested that I dig a few red potatoes (I have yet to harvest all of any of the three varieties I planted), so I did just that.
Wednesday, September 16, 2009
"What's taters, Precious?"
My mind has been infiltrated by, among other things, The Lord Of The Rings movies. There is a scene in one of the movies in which Gollum has killed and brought back for supper two little critters (clearly rabbits, but I think there was another name for them in the movie) which lead to a conversation between Gollum and Sam. Sam mentions something about wishing he had some 'taters to cook up with his rabbit-critters. Thus, Gollum's question to that is the title of the post.
Mrs requested that I dig a few red potatoes (I have yet to harvest all of any of the three varieties I planted), so I did just that.

In the process I managed to disturb a nest of particularly ferocious little ants that inflicted painful little bites that felt very much like wasp stings, only less severe. Fun!
Mrs requested that I dig a few red potatoes (I have yet to harvest all of any of the three varieties I planted), so I did just that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Any sign of Shelob?
elvoy - No, but many relatives in the house! ;)
That sounds like fire ants. Surely you don't have them up that far yet. We are watching them march north with dread here.
"....fry 'em, mash em', put 'em in a stew...."
Post a Comment