Tuesday, August 25, 2009

New Shoes

On the "To Do" list recently has been to go to New Balance in Mashpee and see about some new running shoes. Mrs really wanted to see me get something new as she believed I had put enough miles on my Asics. We wanted to try New Balance. It was a good experience and we both walked out with new shoes.

First they had us walk across the floor and step on a pad that transfers a carbon copy of the footprint onto a piece of paper to show the arch and where the foot strikes the hardest.

This is a scanned copy of mine. Fairly normal I guess. After the Falmouth Road Race, I had soreness exactly where it's darkest on the impression. Hmmmm....

After some measuring I tried the NB 758 Neutral Balance. I did the going-back-to-school runway walk around the store, then got on the treadmill they have there. Pure heaven!


Mrs went through pretty much the same procedures with a couple different options for more comfort. I don't recall what she ended up with.

I hope to get in a run in the morning to try these out. Hoping for good results! An added bonus.... $10 off for back-to-school!

2 comments:

Gia's Spot said...

My favorite running shoes,walking shoes, mow the lawn shoes (Mine get used in that order as they wear out!)
Love the store too! Happy running!

Arkansas Patti said...

I have worn New Balance but never had the treatment you had. What an excellent store.
Hope there are no more sore spots.