Sunday, July 19, 2009

Some Time In The Garden

After work (kennel) today, Mrs and I had planned to eat then head off to the movies for a date and to see Harry Potter. That didn't happen. In truth, neither of us really felt like going. She was completely filthy from a day of working in the gardens, giving the horse a bath and the like. I was tired from running the two previous days, working Saturday night and Sunday morning.

I was still fairly well covered in dog slobber (and worse), so I decided to spend a bit of time in the garden before a shower and supper. The tomatoes needed another level of twine added to the stakes as the limbs had started reaching too far outward.


Green beans on their way!

I can't wait for this wonderful zucchini to get big enough to eat.

Hungarian Wax pepper. Oh yeah.


I brought Bella into the garden with me as I thought she would appreciate some alone time away from Logan (or, as Fooseberry calls him, Spaztastic). I had thought she would just hang out since she had eaten her supper not long before, but she decided to run, as greyhounds will do, around the raised beds. I'm not sure how she manages to get going so fast in such a tight area without an epic wreck, but she does it and is beautiful to watch.


Once she finished her sprint, she rolled around in the grass and found a comfy spot up against the bean bed. She is a funny one.

4 comments:

Fooseberry said...

She is going to need a name too- Speedy Gonzalez maybe. I could spend some time quietly napping in the grass after all the running around I do too. She is a smart lady.

I just weeded by weed patch also and see some flowers on my squash plants so I may succeed with a veggie here and there myself. I have vowed to improve the set up I have next year. It is a learning experience I guess.

Barry said...

FB - It absolutely takes a few tries, time and effort, and even then there is no guarantee to get any production. But it's worth a try. My potato patch is covered in a very tall weed called lambs quarters (which is edible, by the way), so I don't know what I'll have below the surface.

Arkansas Patti said...

Now I understand the saying of "running something into the ground." She really does zonk out.
Just love greyhounds.They are so beautiful when the run free.
Garden is looking good.

Anonymous said...

Love to see your gardens! They look great! I love the dog too, she looks like she has a great personality!