At 8:30 this morning, we met with a woman in Mashpee to take a peek at a small Rockwood pop-up style camper trailer she and her husband have for sale on Craig's List. We have been considering getting into a basic camper to get us up off the ground and to help us expand on our camping, maybe even travel somewhere other than Vermont. We think a pop-up style is probably perfect for us.
When we arrived, Mrs found that she actually used to work with the woman who is trying to sell the trailer. After a quick catch up, we looked at it. It's in great shape as it was hardly used and was stored in their garage. It was obvious that these are very meticulous people. I don't believe there was a blade of grass out of place in the lawn. A good sign.
After seeing the trailer, we headed home. I wanted to run, so I went to town to run the Coffee-O 5 mile route again. A great run on a beautiful day.
Later we headed off Cape to check out new Rockwood campers at a dealer in Lakeville. We had almost full access to the place as it seemed no one was around or interested in selling anything. All of the pop up campers were unlocked so we checked out just about all of them. It was good to compare them with the basic one we saw earlier in the day.
Myles Standish State Forest
After the RV place, we went to Myles Standish State Forest. Our intent was to ride our bikes through some of the many bike trails and check out some of the camping areas. We stopped in at the headquarters building for some information and then drove out to a few of the campgrounds.
We checked out a few of the campgrounds, and I must say that I was not at all impressed. Disappointed, really. I could not put my finger on what exactly I didn't like, but mostly it was the quality of the sites and the masses of people crammed into them.
So, back to Headquarters to park the 4Runner and we hit the trails on our bikes. The trails are paved, for the most part, and are rather pleasant. Narrow and winding in some areas, it certainly requires caution on the part of the cyclist.
2 comments:
I expect the full report later. I do have a 2 wheeling girl who is itching for a road trip.
The paths are very curvy, so use caution and I suggest going during the week. Less people. We saw no one else on the bike trail. Turkeys, but no people.
The people at the headquarters building were very nice (only one customer allowed inside at one time, which I found odd), and will give you a map with trails on it.
Post a Comment