Friday, March 6, 2009

More Facebook Troubles

The silliness continues with Facebook and I've never been more happy to have dumped my account, although it is still there somewhere and will probably never go away. Glad to know their and other sites' users are helping to clog our court systems.

Having perused many of the accounts of those that were on my "friends" list, I am amazed at what people will put up there, particularly digital images (sometimes hundreds of them). If potential employers don't already look into these accounts (they probably do), then they should. Sure, the activities shown may not be illegal, but they may shed some light on to the character and integrity of a person. I am certain that if I were considering someone for a job, particularly in government (law enforcement, fire & rescue, etc) I would be checking into these accounts if at all possible.

I certainly enjoyed receiving an ass-chewing from a "friend" one day in regards to a particular group I had "joined" speaking out against her heroes; certain radio personalities and their lies. She referred to me as "you people" and asked "what about free speech?". I didn't have the heart to tear her a new one and point out that "free speech" and all the other "freedoms" in that context only applied when the government was trying to interfere with the "freedom". Not some silly group in a fairly useless web community.

Ok. Enough of that.

Back to the real world.