Sunday, March 8, 2009

Garden Dust Bath

Unfortunately I had to work today, but a bright spot was a singing male Eastern Bluebird perched in a locust tree while I was washing down the outside kennels.

Mrs was able to let the chickens out for about an hour and a half. They very much enjoyed a group dirt bath (it's not really dusty yet) in the sun. Mrs said they seemed to be in trances as they soaked up the heat of the sun and enjoyed the soil.




On the south side of the house, Mrs found this little viola probably left over from last season and getting a jump on things. I found Whitlow grass (a wild little weed in the mustard family) blooming in the lawn at work. Red-winged blackbirds and grackles - harbingers of spring- returned last week as well.


Daylight savings today. It was fantastic to have it stay lighter later.
Rain and snow showers coming, but nothing major.

4 comments:

Fooseberry said...

No, No, No....I loved it today and even got Mr. FB to wash my truck. I want to get some miles on that bike path. I am cursing the snow on the sidewalk now.
Love the chickens by the way.

The Forge Village Farmer said...

I LOVE the chicken on her back! :) She's so cute!

Arkansas Patti said...

Good thing you said what the chickens were really doing, it looked like a carnage. They were definately zoned out.

Live/Love/Life said...

I am Soooo ready for spring. If I weren't at work yesterday I probably would have been taking a "dust" bath myself. Now today - it is back to icky and cold......