Saturday, February 28, 2009

Crash

While checking e-mail Friday morning, I looked out my office window and spotted our neighbor's pet pig, Crash. Every once in a while he gets loose and wonders around looking for something to eat. In this case he was in the garden after the cracked corn left over in the chicken coop litter.

Later I found him inside the chicken coop looking for more morsels. I chased him out of there, gave him a few pats and scratched his forehead. He's very gentle, but I am always cautious around him. Pigs are very fast, amazingly strong and can cause some damage if you're not careful. I left him to continue his adventure and returned to the computer.

Not long after that, I had a knock at the door. A woman walking her dog saw Crash crossing the street and believed it might belong to us. I explained to her the situation and that he does that sometimes. She looked genuinely horrified. I don't think she had much experience with rural life. I hope we can hold on to the little pieces we have left.

No comments: