Friday, January 16, 2009

More Snow

We had another little snow storm on Thursday that gave us several inches of light, fluffy snow. At times it was falling at a moderate rate. It was rather enjoyable. After work at the kennel, I went home for lunch and then out to tend to the critters. Guapo was, as usual, out in the snow. He rarely will come in out of the weather unless we force him into it. He made his way inside for lunch and to dry off.


I was starting to get pressed for time before the evening shift, and I wanted to get to the hardware store for some rock salt. The entire parking area and driveway is covered in thick, smooth ice. Leaving the driveway in a vehicle had become treacherous, so I at least wanted to treat the apron. I left in moderate snowfall, but a ten minute drive to Pocasset took me out of the snow. There was very little on the ground there. I bought 75 pounds of rock salt and headed home. It was still snowing, though not as heavy. I shoveled the entire parking area and driveway, then treated the apron with some of the salt. Here's Frost Bottom looking at the house from the barn.

After work, I went to my mother-in-law's place and shoveled and salted her driveway. It was a tad chilly at 12:30 in the morning (5°F with a -8°F wind chill). Could be worse. The forecast low overnight in Saranac Lake, NY is -31°F...

Stay warm!

2 comments:

Gia's Spot said...

Well that didnt take you that long at all, B!! Happy in-laws!!

Barry said...

Nope. It was good snow for shovelin'! ;)