Monday, December 15, 2008

Happy Festivus For The Rest Of Us

What a great weekend. I actually got to sleep in on Sunday. I clocked around nine hours (NINE HOURS!) of sleep and I stayed in my jammies most of the day. I was able to relax in front of the tube, do some laundry, and watch two Biography shows on John Mellencamp, while Mrs studied for her Human Development final exam.

After that, I decided that it was warm enough outside to wash the truck and car. My truck has been disgusting for months and really needed it. I wanted to get the road salt washed off as well. I had the chickens out with me while I did this, so it took a little bit longer as I had to round them up every once in a while. I believe it makes them happy to be out and they certainly feed themselves very well. Makes for some sweet eggs!

After another good night's sleep, I wanted to put a couple miles on the running shoes today. It was balmy - almost 60 degrees - and windy. I have not run since the Jolly Jaunt 5k and everything felt good. I was able to manipulate my work schedule allowing me a good amount of free time on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays to get some running in. I am hoping to get up to and over 5 miles before New Year's Day. there is a 4.9 mile race coming up in Monument Beach on January 4th that I would like to try, weather permitting. That depends strongly on how I manage my time over the coming weeks.

Somewhere in there I have to squeeze in some time for Festivus shopping for the Mrs.

Happy Festivus!

3 comments:

Brian said...

Sounds like you have had some unusually warm weather. Keep us posted on your trek to the 5-mile milestone.

FFNick said...

O, boy, Festivus! Shall there be Airing of the Grievances, Feats of Strength, and, dare I ask, a Pole?!

Anonymous said...

Nine hours of sleep! What's that? I can't even imagine sleeping 9 hours! Sometimes I've thought of taking something to knock me out but chicken out. I seem to be the only one that ever hears our children make a sound. Tim can sleep through anything. Well, I guess I have a lot to look forward too when they all move out. If I sleep past 7, my day is gone! Hope you had a great Christmas, computer is on the fritz again & my children are all battling this new fever thing going on. (they've passed the bad cough along to me). Please know that I think of you guys often. I love the picture of your blog, is that you & the Mrs.? Talk to you soon. Pam