First Run Since 10/25
I got a short run in this morning which felt fantastic. It was only 2 miles (I wanted to ease back into it) and I was able to keep a good pace (for me) at 7:23/mile.
Neighbor of the YEAR!
Today Mrs headed out to have lunch with an old friend. My plan was to add some compost to our small 4'x4' raised bed, turn it over, plant and mulch the garlic. I let the chickens out so they could free range a little bit and I decided to clean out Guapo's stall before getting the garlic in the ground.
I got the stall cleaned and headed out to pick up the piles in the paddock which is accessed directly from the barn. Guapo followed me around a little bit as he normally does then went back in the stall. I was exiting the far end of the paddock when I heard a little commotion up near the chicken coop. Somehow I had left all three of the door guards down in the barn, so Guapo was able to get out of the barn and was loose in the yard. Hmmm.... " Don't panic..." As I was thinking this to myself, the chickens decided to fly around a little which caused Guapo to buck a little bit, but he didn't go far and started grazing on the grass. I slowly made my way to him, but he had no halter on and I was afraid to go to the barn for it and the lead line in case he decided to leave.
So, we stood there for five or so minutes and luckily our neighbor across the street arrived home. I called for her and she assisted me by getting his halter and lead line from the barn. With that, I award Gerry our Neighbor of the Year!
The garlic bed was finally prepared and the garlic planted and mulched. Can't wait to harvest it next year!
1 comment:
OK, I would have paid to be a fly on a tree in the event you caught up to that guy. What were you thinking.LOL
Post a Comment