Bella woke me up early this morning as she needed to go out for a pee. I don't recall what time it was, but it was still pretty dark. Rosie the Rooster was up and crowing though. I went back to bed and snoozed until sometime after 8:00. Mrs was kind enough to bring a cup of coffee to me in my "Sunday Mug". We brought this mug (among other pieces) all the way from
K.G. Potters Shop in Bisbee, Arizona on our trip down there in 2007. I figured to reduce the risk of breaking it I would use it only on Sundays, and I have stuck to that. It's a big, ceramic mug that holds a good amount of coffee and is one of my favorite things.

Mrs G went off to see her mother for a little bit so I washed and hung two loads of laundry. A good day for that. I also got the gutters cleaned out. Most of the leaves are off the trees and it seemed like a good thing to do today.
After Mrs got home, we went to work building nest boxes for the hens. They are quite close to laying now. We got most of the project completed, but still need some hardware to get it finished and then installed. We had the chickens out in the yard while we were working on it so they could free range. As you can see they were interested in what we were doing.

So, an easy, enjoyable day today.
1 comment:
I hope you got that much needed rest you were looking for! Peace!
Post a Comment