Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Frost - Finally!

There was plenty of frost here this morning. The thermometer read 29°F a little before 7am.
Not too much left in the gardens but some of the remaining flowers are toast. The green peppers survived for the most part which I am a little surprised at. I expected them to be black lumps by this afternoon.

I seem to have the wheels back on the tracks after last week's crash and burn. I've done two 5k+ runs. Monday and today without having to walk in the middle. 26:10 on Monday and 25:52 today which puts the pace at 8:09:6. So pretty good for me I guess. The rest was well worth it. I'm on 3 or 4 hours sleep today, so I imagine I'd feel better with some more Zs under my belt.

A busy couple weeks coming up before the Mashpee Firefighters' 5k which should help to keep my mind off of it. I hope.

1 comment:

Brian said...

Glad you found your "running wheels" again. Running, as in life, is full of peaks and valleys. Just keep your feet moving and enjoy the ride!