Our ride. I took this photo after we landed in Boston at Long Wharf.
The view on our arrival at the wharf. A gorgeous day in the city!
After lunch we pretty much walked around the area and enjoyed the day and people watching. We went to Faneuil Hall/Quincy Market and people watched. Lots of people in the city which was great to see with all the "sky is falling doom and gloom" we've been hearing of late. One of the great things to finally see was the Rose Fitzgerald Kennedy Greenway which used to be the highway going right through the city. We only got to see a small part of it, but from what we did see, we really liked it.
We stopped at a coffee shop for a boost on our way back to the wharf after a walk through part of The North End. Once back at the wharf, we sat and people watched and sipped our coffee. What a fantastic day. We hope to do this again someday soon leaving a little earlier in the morning to allow for more sightseeing.
We left the city at sunset.
7 comments:
I can't wait to go back! :)
Mrs G
We need to clean that camera lens. The little dot is killing me!
I'm so jealous! We went last summer to bring the little guy to the childrens museum, which is right there @ the wharf. I've also been to a concert (Fiona Apple & Damien Rice) right there, pretty awesome! Fanuiel Hall is pretty great to, although I was kinda dissapointed at Dick's Last Resort.
Very nice. I have always wanted to visit Boston. Your day was similar to what I ocasionally am able to do in D.C. Get up, ride the train to the city, check out a museum, enjoy a meal, and ride the train back home.
Legal Sea Foods directly across the street from the Aquarium. Hmmm. It's one of our preferred eateries in town! Great idea taking the commuter boat from Quincy!!!
Nice! Was up that way a few years ago to catch a Bruins game and spend the night. Great town. For the outta staters on this blog, could you let us know where you picked up the ferry? Somewhere on Cape?
Nick- MBTA commuter ferry out of Quincy, MA. Should be able to Google it. We wanted to see the city from the water and not have to worry about finding parking in the city.
Post a Comment