I considered the possibility of sleeping in this morning. Nope. Bella (our new greyhound) needed to go out at about 7:00 and I just stayed up. She's really good about letting us know (demanding, really) when she needs to go out. So, I just stayed up.
I got some laundry started and eventually made it outside to try to get some work done. My plan was to clean up the squash/cucumber garden and roto till it. I harvested one last summer squash and ripped out all the vines and some of the weeds. They tend to get wound up around the tines of the Troy Bilt so I wanted them out.
I opened up the fence and went to fire up the tiller. No dice. I thought it was going to be fine, but the engine kept shutting down after 5 to 30 seconds (yes there is fresh gas in it!). I worked on it for over 30 minutes and used more than the recommended amount of starter fluid over the course of trying to start it. I wore out two patches of grass with my feet yanking the pull cord, have a nice blister between my middle and ring fingers on my right hand from the pull cord handle, and I'm sure did some other things that won't feel good in the morning. After much cursing I gave up and put it away before I did something stupid. I'm sure whoever I take it to to work on it will start it right up with no problem. Bust out the shovels I guess.
After lunch I mucked out Guapo's stall. While I was out there the sky darkened and it started to rain. And rain. And rain. And rain. I stood in the doorway of the barn and took a few minutes to enjoy the rainfall. It was rather peaceful and a nice to spend some time in Guapo's presence.
2 comments:
How'd you make out with the tiller? Probably needs a carb clean out, no?
I parked it in the shed. Have not really been home since to deal with it.
Post a Comment