I also went out on a rare date with Mrs. last night. We finally got out to see The Dark Knight. Yeah, we're behind the times a little but at least we got to the theater this time.
I spent yesterday cutting grass. All of it is done. We've had enough rain lately to keep things green and growing. Below is a shot of one of my favorite perennials (among others). The tall stuff on the end of the shed is Joe-Pye Weed (Eupatorium spp.) This plant reminds me of upstate New York, which is one of the reasons I wanted to grow it here. As you can see it's quite happy.
The gardens are doing well. Mrs. has made several quarts of refrigerator bread & butter pickles. The empty spaces in the raised beds are from the beans. Soon, I'll be amending this soil and planting lettuce and spinach. The sunflowers got a little bigger than we anticipated. The tallest one is just over eight feet tall as of this morning.
A great day.
4 comments:
Nice!
Glad to see you were able to get away for a spot. Sounds like a great trip. Been busy here, basement redo, so I haven't been around much.
What exactly is refrigerator bread?
Bread & butter (sweet) pickles canned in Mason jars but not heat sealed, so they are only stored in the fridge and good for a month or so, rather than a long time if they were heat sealed.
Doh! My bad, maybe if I read it closer, I wouldn't sound like such a city slicker.
Did you see (hear) that ESPN is using JMs "My Sweet Love" for their Little League World Series teaser commercials?
Nope. I had not heard that. That's cool. He's a big sports guy. Maybe if I had time to actually look at a TV I would have heard/seen it, lol.
Post a Comment