Our weekend in Vermont was a tease. I did not want to leave. I want to still be there. As much as I enjoy it here and doing what I/we do, I really enjoy not being here. I like being in a place where almost everyone is friendly, nearly everyone waves (even if you're an obvious "flat lander"), and where you don't hear an emergency vehicle's siren all weekend. A place that has no telephone. Sure, I have my cell phone, but it's set to vibrate only! I saw the same deputy sheriff sitting in the same speed trap on the same road the last time we traveled through the area, and I can't remember when that was.
I could easily go from Vermont State Park campground to V.S.P. campground for a while, then cross Lake Champlain and hang in the Adirondacks for some more hiking, camping, birding, geocaching and whatever else I could come up with.
As mentioned in the previous post, we returned from Vermont on Monday. On Tuesday I woke up at about 7:05 am. I stared at the ceiling and an image of the month of July in my date book came into my head. I could see Monday's date, 28 with "Vermont" penciled in below it. I could also see 29 and something written below it. I could not make it out in the foggy image. Was I supposed to work at the kennel today? I don't normally, but something told me to get out of bed to check. Yes. Work at 8 am. Woops. It really was not that hard to get ready to go, but it was a slap in the face knowing how much work I wanted to do around the house. I have a feeling this is going to be a long few weeks to come, but will fly by.
After the kennel on Tuesday I was able to get a majority of the camping gear cleaned, organized and put away. It was sort of comical though as I was literally running around the yard, up and down the stairs and through the house trying to get things done before work.
Wednesday was the same, but I worked on the horse trailer (which is for sale if anyone is interested). I needed to take it out for a spin to be sure everything was in order and gave it a bath. Then off to work.
Today I was able to get in the garden which needs some attention; more attention than I gave it today. I picked a load of cucumbers, some of which are way too big for anything good, and more summer squash and zucchini. I need to rip out the pea plants and prep some areas for cooler weather plants, but it's still way to hot for them.
Can't wait for fall spinach.
No comments:
Post a Comment