Today was fairly uneventful. We went to West Barnstable and purchased some grain, and all of the wire we will need to enclose the chicken yard and coop. Then we went to a hardware store for some grass seed to fill some (rather large) patches that need attention. We stopped at home to switch cars then headed off to the in-laws' to deliver a birthday card and gift and then went to the garden center for some plants. We picked up some "stepable" plants for our main walkway. We need many more, but it's a start.
I was planning on spending time in the garden this afternoon and Mrs was going to watch a movie. I checked my email and was alerted to a newly published geocache in Marstons Mills, not too far from here. There is a competition among cachers to be the "First To Find" (FTF) so I was quite tempted to head right out. Instead I had a quick bite to eat and then left. I should not have eaten. When I arrived there was already someone there quite obviously logging her find. So, I headed up the road and waited until she left. I went back and found it. Oh well, second to find isn't all that bad.
I headed home and spent some time working on another garden space. This is primarily a summer & winter squash and cucumber bed, but I had room for a couple rows of beans too. I also found enough space to put in some cantaloupe and honey dew. I need more fence!
3 comments:
I too was hoping for some good thunderstorms but at least we got the rain, and it was so warm afterwards.
I have some spaghetti squash seeds if you want any of them, they have been drying for about a month. I haven't decided if we are going to plant any or not. (probably getting late)
"So, I headed up the road and waited until she left. I went back and found it."
You are so anti-social.
It's just like being at home...
For me, the game is in the find. What good is it to show up there and already have it found. "I waited for her to re-hide it" is probably what I should have said.
;)
Post a Comment