The 5th Annual Cpl. William Paolini Memorial Motorcycle Ride and Blessing was held today in Mashpee. It was a lousy weather day and only about 100 motorcycle riders took part. I DJ'd the event and was set up inside a motorcycle trailer. The sound equipment and trailer both are owned by the President of the Law Dawgs Motorcycle Club, Ben Perry, who is also the founder and coordinator of "Bill's Ride".
Bill died several years ago from complications of cancer. He was my Shift Supervisor on many overnight shifts when I was on midnights. Bill was larger than life and quite entertaining, though I don't think he knew it. I served as his "suspect" one night while on shift when he was teaching handcuffing techniques to a newly hired officer. I learned quickly not to struggle with Bill Paolini when he was trying to take you into custody. One of my more memorable midnight shifts.
We had a special guest at the ride. Paul Guilfoyle (Captain Jim Brass) of CSI was able to make the ride again this year. He first took part in the ride in 2007. He signed T-shirts (I got one each for Mrs. G and myself) and was quite nice. More images from the day can be seen at my flickr site.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/sirius
The photo below is Deacon Robert Lemay of Christ the King Parish in Mashpee Fire & Rescue Department's Tower 356 to perform the blessing.
7 comments:
Cpl. William Paolini - Thanks for sharing this with us - he will be remembered....
Always a great event! Thanks for taking the photos Barry, as I missed it this year.
What a combination with the detail officers!!!
(Face-Palm)
Sadly, this is likely the final year of the ride as announced at the event by Ben.
Looked like a nice day.
A scooter in your future B?
Could be with gas this high and climbing.
hi barry, you write very well, terri directed me to your blog, this is my first visit to a blog, good luck, interesting and informative ciao val
Thanks Val!
Post a Comment