
We're hoping to host Eastern Bluebirds again this year. Last year we had one successful nest and fledged 4 young. That was their second attempt. The first brood of five babies were killed by an aggressive male house sparrow. I dealt with him (they are non-native, highly aggressive, murderous thugs and not protected by law) and the pair quickly regrouped and built a new nest in another box.
The bluebirds winter in the area. This male and a female were here collecting nesting material earlier this week.
8 comments:
Great job, Barry. Keep up the good work
Thanks Ma.
Hey Barry, I LOVE the blog!I have bookmarked it, great job!, Barb
Nice shot of the Bluebird. What kind of camera equip do you use?
Eh em... I wonder who the local House Sparrows would be speaking of in their nests late at night when they are trying to educate their youngins.... "they are non-native, highly aggressive, murderous thugs and not protected by law"
=)
Nice job on the blog - keep it coming.
Rather ironic, eh Nick??? ;)
You've come a long way my friend!
lOVE THE BLOG BARRY! I'LL BOOKMARK IT. GOOD LUCK WITH THE BLUEBIRDS!!
Thanks Bonnie!
Post a Comment